[Pdns-users] PowerDNS on Rails

Kenneth Kalmer kenneth.kalmer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:35:25 UTC 2008

Hi everyone

With the new PowerDNS release coming soon (congrats Bert) and my Christmas
holidays, I'd like to call on everyone who has tried, as well as those who
have not, to help me build up a decent list of enhancements for my PowerDNS
on Rails (http://www.opensourcery.co.za/powerdns-on-rails) project.

I'm gonna be putting a lot of effort into my open source projects from the
12th of December through January, and PowerDNS on Rails is currently the one
with the most traction. It is rather close to feature complete for our
needs, but I know their is still a lot of potential for enhancements. I'd
like to know from the community how they would like to see the project move
forward.

Three things that come to mind initially is documentation (installation, API
usage, etc), support for more records and improved migration from existing
database backends (including docs).

Please file your suggestions on Lighthouse (
http://kennethkalmer.lighthouseapp.com/projects/11831-bind-dlz-on-rails) or
post them to the list to get converted into tickets.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

--
Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth.kalmer at gmail.com