[Pdns-users] Recursor Servfail and Refused

endore12 endore12 at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 26 09:02:07 UTC 2008

I have a DNS server which is running the pdns-recursor. Only internally is authorized to make the recursion. It works.

My problem is that when I make a external query recursion is the code answer is this:

;; ->> HEADER <<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 54,929
;; Flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
; www.google.fr. IN A

I would like to be a rather refused to servfail.

;; ->> HEADER <<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 21,056
;; Flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
; www.google.fr. IN A

I configured the allow-from = my internal IP addresses.

Thank you in advance.
Endore.