[Pdns-users] Disable AFXR of MBOXFW, URL and CURL records ?

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Thu May 22 12:28:56 UTC 2008

I know they're fake records and just point to a MX and A record
specified in the pdns config, but when adding one in the database, it
gives a notify to the supermaster to initiate AFXR, it tries to
transfer those fake records over then (something that naturally and
obviously doesn't work)

I can't recall older pdns versions trying to do this, it used to give
a serial update and then do a transfer of the zone without trying to
send the fancy records. It looks like it's trying to transfer those
over too now, resulting in the zone not being able to be updated even
if there's additional RFC based records added.

Therefore the question if those can be disabled/excluded from AFXR,
because I only get that error if a fancy record exists in a domain.

Or I can file a bug report for this if you want :-)

At 13:15 22-5-2008, you wrote:
>On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 03:20:46PM +0200, Jeroen Wunnink wrote:
> > Any way to block URL, CURL and MBOXFW records from trying to be
> > transferred over ?
>
>Jeroen,
>
>These records are 'fake' and I haven't implemented how they can travel over
>DNS. Just leaving them out would break your zone I'm afraid.
>
>Please open a bug for this on wiki.powerdns.com
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>http://www.PowerDNS.com      Open source, database driven DNS Software
>http://netherlabs.nl              Open and Closed source services

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer at easyhosting.nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl