[Pdns-users] Strange activity at 4 a.m.

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Wed May 7 21:45:17 UTC 2008

Eugene,

Seeing that's when the daily cron takes place, maybe one of the daily cron tasks.  Are you running any other utilities (like sysstat) that might give you more information.

If the tasks that run at 4:am are intensive, you will see latency.  If those tasks require DNS lookups, then it would explain the incrase in traffic.

That's where I'd start looking.

Gary