[Pdns-users] recursor

MikoĊ‚aj Habdank habdankm at gmail.com
Tue May 27 09:27:08 UTC 2008

hi

I am Mikolaj Habdank, and i am trying to setup powerdns in my firm on linux
- ubuntu. I need two dns server (primary and secondary) which will handle my
internal domain for local computers (behind NAT). It will be very nice if
those two could also handle recursive queries for internet domains. I have
tried to use pdns-recursor for this purpose, but i didn't find any option to
specify forwarders and do not use informations in resolv.conf. In this
situation if i set up pdns-recursor and modifi resolv.conf to use IPS dns i
am not able to resolve local names. So for now i do not use pdns-recursor,
and put one od IPS dns to pdns.conf in recursor=xx.xx.xx.xx, but there is no
option to specifi alternative (multiple) recursors. I am not sure is whole
idea wrong, or i am trying to use wrong tools(diffrent dnsproxy - bind or
dnscache?) as a recursor.

best regards

Mikolaj Habdank