[Pdns-users] NS caching bug reappears in recursor 3.1.6

Darren Gamble darren.gamble at sjrb.ca
Fri May 16 21:43:44 UTC 2008

Good day,

During our lab test suite on 3.1.6, we discovered that an old bug has
unfortunately reappeared.  It's not present in 3.1.4.  We didn't test
3.1.5.

The issue is that the cache always caches information it receives in the
Authority Section.  This can cause a problem where it indefinitely
consults a server that is no longer supposed to be authoritative for a
zone, but is still configured as such.

Here's the original thread:
http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2006-May/003422.html

... where Bert noted he had originally fixed it in commit 837.

This is definitely a blocking issue for us.

Please let us know if we can provide any more information or help.
Thanks!

Darren Gamble
Systems Architect, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP