[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor Lua scripting

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Mon Jun 16 18:41:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, bert hubert wrote:

>> From the provisional 3.1.7 release notes:
>
>  This version contains powerful scripting abilities, allowing operators to
>  modify DNS responses in many interesting ways. Among other things, these
>  abilities can be used to filter out malware domains, to perform load
>  balancing, to comply with legal and other requirements and finally, to
>  implement 'NXDOMAIN' redirection.
>
>  It is hoped that the addition of Lua scripting will enable responsible DNS
>  modification for those that need it.
>
> So far people have been very excited by this ability, please let us know
> what you think of it!

Exiting indead!

Load balancing is one of the applications you mention, but since it is in
the recursor that means you can only loadbalance stuff within your
organisation.

Is there any plans to add lua support to the resolver so we can add
loadbalancing etc. on a global scale for people accessing servers?

 	/Chris

--
http://www.arnold.se/chris/