[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor Lua scripting

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Jun 15 21:16:19 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:04:53PM +0200, Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> Interesting concept.
> What about performance if scripting abilities are compiled in?
> Do you have any figures when simple scripts are used?

If the abilities are compiled in, but no script is loaded, the impact should
be immeasurably small. If Lua is not compiled in, there really should be no
overhead.

I have not yet measured impact on performance for simple scripts or even for
complicated scripts.

I guess we'll find out. My feeling is that the impact should not be big.

	Bert