[Pdns-users] Any cure for powerdns respawning ?

Joe Croft joe at croftj.net
Fri Jun 6 19:28:29 UTC 2008

I had a similar problem. I figured out it was my mailserver doing name lookups
on the 10s of thousands of spams it gets barraged with each day. I solved it
by having my server use the upstream name server for name resolution. When
you think about this, it makes sense, rarely will the name lookups from the
mailserver be for my domains.

-joe