[Pdns-users] Re: paid pdns support, new parsing record content issue

Daniel Greene - (mt) Media Temple daniel at mediatemple.net
Thu Jun 5 08:00:11 UTC 2008

Bert,

Unfortunately that was the entirety of the relevant segment, afaik-

Jun  4 22:55:35 pdnsNN pdns[18626]: Exception: Parsing record content: r:

Everything surrounding it was minutes away and "typical" (i.e. not to worry about, from what we understand) "errors":

Jun  4 22:52:19 pdnsNN pdns[18626]: TCP nameserver had error, cycling backend: Timeout reading data
Jun  4 22:59:36 pdnsNN pdns[18626]: TCP server is without backend connections, launching
Jun  4 23:17:36 pdnsNN pdns[18626]: gmysql Connection succesful

I've been looking at the source in pdns/rcpgenerator.hh which matched the RecordTextWriter class, and pdns/dnsrecords.hh which matched:

 throw MOADNSException("Parsing record content: "+string(rtr.what()));

which appeared to be an instance of RecordTextWriter

Unfortunately my C++ experience is lacking (have only done a moderate amount of C, in an academic context) so it's mostly gibberish to me honestly.

--
Daniel Greene
Systems Engineer, R&D