[Pdns-users] Re: paid pdns support, new parsing record content issue

Daniel Greene - (mt) Media Temple daniel at mediatemple.net
Thu Jun 5 06:41:46 UTC 2008

First, I'd really like to thank everyone who'd emailed directly re: pdns support. I apologize for not clarifying that we have a generally well-running and established cluster and primarily wanted an official pdns contract to satisfy management. Bert has gotten back to me (thanks, and congrats again on the child!) but I won't be able to follow up with everybody. Apologies again.

Second, this afternoon we began seeing an "Exception: Parsing record content: r:" error in the pdns logs. We've seen a few record content exceptions in the past, but they've typically been quite a bit more verbose at the least.

For sanities' sake I checked for any records matching permutations of "r:" or a bare "r" (we're using a mysql backend) but could not find anything.

Any ideas?

--
Daniel Greene
Systems Engineer, R&D