[Pdns-users] RE: re: Re: spam

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Sun Jul 13 17:29:06 UTC 2008

> | spammers.
> traffic.
> | |
> | |
> | | I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
> | | I was ONLY referring to the gratuitous DNS traffic I got when I post
> | to the
> | | list. This was immediate and repeatable, so it indicates it was
> | initiated on the
> | | list server end.
> | | I can only conclude this behavior is by design, or your server is
> | compromised.
> | | You may not even realize this is happening.
> |
> | It is not my server. It seems you assumtion is not correct in this matter.
> |
> | Have you considered that some people verify the sender of a message. It
> | should only verify the sender (which is the mailinglist) but I noticed
> | some read the From: header and verify those.
>
> I think you may want to learn that "Sender ID Framework" actually works
> this way. So it seems there are SIDF users on the mailinglist.
>
> I guess there are some Exchange users here.

I get a 'digest' of the list and only the "body" contains my email address but
some users may get each individual posting relayed immediately from the original
sender. I sure don't like it, but in that case, there are numerous legitimate
mechanisms which would explain DNS traffic like I saw.
The most obvious cure is still the easiest. I'm outa here... Bye...

Marty B.
--
Electile Dysfunction : the inability to become aroused over any of the
choices for President put forth by either party in the 2008 election.