[Pdns-users] re:spam

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Sat Jul 12 16:08:39 UTC 2008

> | Your mailing list is intrinsically linked with marketers, AKA spammers.
> | I will not post to your mailing list again under these circumstances.
> | You are generating a spam problem and you need to monitor DNS traffic.

> Any public mailinglist is by it's definition public. So there is no way
> to prevent people from using it to do the wrong thing with the
> information on any public mailinglist.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
I was ONLY referring to the gratuitous DNS traffic I got when I post to the
list. This was immediate and repeatable, so it indicates it was initiated on the
list server end.
I can only conclude this behavior is by design, or your server is compromised.
You may not even realize this is happening.

I would not have even taken notice myself except for the fact that I always drop
packets from those net blocks; they have proven very problematic. I have no
issues with your net block.

As for my ability to deal with such things..no problem.

Marty B.

--
Electile Dysfunction : the inability to become aroused over any of the
choices for President put forth by either party in the 2008 election.