[Pdns-users] [Fwd: Re: PowerDNS admin frontend]

Rudolph Bott rb at megabit.net
Tue Jan 22 12:45:21 UTC 2008

Duane wrote:
> Rudolph Bott wrote:
>
>> requested features even partially exclude each other (e.g. "AJAX" and
>> "Must allow working with lynx/w3m on text consoles). Besides that it's a
>
> These aren't as mutually exclusive as you may think, you can use the
> <noscript> tags for browsers with no JS support, or JS disabled, and use
> the <script> tags for browsers with JS support enabled to do all the
> funky AJAXy stuff in.

OK - I admit that one probably wasn't the best example at all ;)

With 'partially' I meant that when you really start to use AJAX (e.g. rely on Frameworks like xajax or prototype etc.) you probably end up with an interface which becomes quite unusable in a text-browser-environment  (e.g. forms are not being submitted anymore because they rely on XML
requests/on-the-fly-input-validation etc.). I think it would be easier to face this problem with completely different templates which are optimised for text-browsers, cell phones etc. (if one ever needs to add a DNS record 'on the fly' via his mobile phone ;)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Rudolph Bott
--
Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH
Karstr.25  41068 Moenchengladbach  Tel:02161/30898-0  Fax:-18