[Pdns-users] PowerDNS as Slave Doesn't create New Domains

papoyan papoyan at msn.com
Tue Dec 16 19:42:56 UTC 2008

Guys,

I'm an administrator at hosting company, and have a problem with PowerDNS
server, that has been configured by previous admin who is no longer employed
with the company, I really need help

I have 4 Debian Machines,
1. Master - BIND9 (caching server)
2. Slave and Master - PowerDNS
3. Slave BIND9
4. Slave BIND9

example on domain  " example.com"
Nameservers for domain example.com are set to
server2 (powerDNS), server3(BIND) and server4 (BIND)
(All the domains are set like that, and I can't change that for every
domain, so I want to find the problem)

When you create the domain "example.com" it gets created on SERVER 1 -
BIND9m then when you check the logs on Server1, you can see that it's
sending notifications to Slave -Server2 (PowerDNS), but for some reason
PowerDNS doesn't create the new domain in the database, that's my problem.

But if I manually add example.com domain in database of server2-PowerDNS,
and change some records on Server1, it will send the notification to
PowerDNS and it will get updated in database and also will update the other
server3 and server4 slaves.

So My questions is, what do you think is causing PowerDNS NOT TO CREATE new
domains?

Thank you for you help !