[Pdns-users] WRR with PowerDNS

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Aug 19 09:52:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:17:29AM +0100, Simon McCartney wrote:
> I've written up some notes on achieving some form of WRR with PowerDNS here:
> http://www.mccartney.ie/wordpress/2008/08/19/wrr-dns-with-powerdns/

Stunning :-)

This remind of me when I did binning like this:

> select time_t - (time_t % 3600) as tbin, sum(hits) from blah group by tbin
  order by 2 desc

You can do scary things with SQL.

> I'd be delighted to hear some feedback, good or bad.

In this case I'd recommend a very simple pipebackend perl script that tosses
the dice, and only for the hosts you want it to do for.

This requires some more work though, but it is cleaner.

But your approach is nice too!

	Bert