[Pdns-users] Exception: unknown escape sequence on NAPTR regex

Peter Fern pdns at obfusc8.org
Fri Aug 15 09:25:27 UTC 2008

Bert, list,
Utmost apologies for all the noise - I'm deeply disappointed with my
testing methodology, and my assertions are in error.  Having examined
the packet contents I see that pdns is actually sending correctly
formatted information on the wire, however `host` helpfully re-escapes
the results, and there is a bug in my other client software that was
causing queries not to match for an entirely unrelated reason, for which
I'll submit a bug with the responsible developers.

Again, apologies for wasting everyone's time.

Regards,
Peter Fern