[Pdns-users] Exception: unknown escape sequence on NAPTR regex

Peter Fern pdns at obfusc8.org
Tue Aug 5 03:57:34 UTC 2008

Duane wrote:
> I've never had a problem with \+ in PDNS...

What version are you running?  The problem that sparked this thread is
that <2.9.21 bind backend doesn't handle NAPTR, and =2.9.21 includes the
MOADNSParser, which doesn't handle backslashes correctly for at least
gmysql (I assume for every backend).

> As for the subranges that's what DNAME is for..

I'm not certain that DNAME will do everything we need to, and certainly
from the point of view of our application logic, regex makes a great
deal more sense.