[Pdns-users] Nameservers are same domain as a domain that uses them - subdomains don't work!

Brandon Aubie brandon at aubie.ca
Mon Apr 28 17:31:48 UTC 2008

Hi Ken et al.,

Yeah, I thought it would work too.  Notice in Duane's post that when you
dig for an A record, PowerDNS is returning the SOA record.

the mysportsite.com domain record has NS records so wouldn't those
propagate to any subdomains defined in that record?

Could there be any weird pdns.conf settings I need to use when your
nameservers are the same domain that uses them?

>>> http://www.nodedb.com - Think globally, network locally
>>> http://www.sydneywireless.com - Telecommunications Freedom