[Pdns-users] Duplicate SOA while using dig and zone2sql

Ton van Rosmalen ton at netbase.nl
Wed Apr 23 07:08:00 UTC 2008

Hi Eugene,

Eugene Pefti schreef:
> Can anybody tell me why this doesn't work:
>
> #dig axfr domain.tld @xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx | zone2sql --gmysql --zone=- | mysql
> -u root -D pdns
>
> I do exactly what is said in pdns documentation, my problem is --zone=- is
> not understood just because "-" option doesn't work.

> -
> died because of STL error: Unable to open file '-': No such file or
> directory
> -

I've checked the source-code (latest svn-version and the one I use
myself) and as far as I can tell no
code is available to handle the special case of 'zone=-'.

Zone2sql just tries to 'fopen' the filename and throws an error because
it can't open '-'. Perhaps STL
should handle the special filename but I'm not familiar enough with STL
to answer that question.
> <snip>

So it looks like the documentation is ahead of the code in this case.

Kind regards,

Ton