[Pdns-users] round robin answer

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Sep 30 21:58:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 06:26:19PM +0200, Marcel Meyer wrote:
> Whatever. How can I instruct PDNS to only serve a single A-record (but still
> choosen radomised out of several ones)? I'm using the gmysql-backend and
> would like to keep it *g*.

Your description is a bit complicated, but I think what you mean is that
PowerDNS should internally know about X IP addresses for a host name, and
randomly serve *one* of those X addresses?

Are you really sure you want that? Typically everybody picks the first
answer, so in effect you get what you want already.

If you really want this behaviour, you could write a small pipe-backend
script that serves as an overlay for that single host name, and you could
script that to return 1 single IP address.

Good luck!