[Pdns-users] Debian Packages on powerdns.com

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Sep 25 23:20:05 UTC 2007

bert hubert wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:42:38PM +1000, Duane wrote:
>> By default these packages run as root, where as the debian packages drop
>> privileges by default.
>
> That is correct. We don't want to create new users.

Any particular reason why not to copy the debian actions and utilise the
same username?

Actually is there any good reason not to drop privileges by default or
force the user to disable a big fat warning about running daemons as root?

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."