[Pdns-users] PDNS 2.9.21 using LOTS of virtual memory...

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Sep 22 15:10:40 UTC 2007

James Cloos wrote:
> I had a similar problem when I tried to use a NAPTR RR.
>
> Whenever a query was made for that RR the server would allocate all of
> the VM on the box and the kernel would start killing other apps.
>
> Perhaps a similar issue?
>
> (I never did get NAPTR to work.)
>
> (gpgsql backend; debian box; deb's debs.)

For what it's worth we're running PDNS with a lot of NAPTR records (and
not just SIP et al).

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."