[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor stops getting queries on Solaris 10 sparc

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Sep 14 13:34:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 02:26:59PM +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:

> Sep 14 13:19:49 1:ret=-1,errno=62,numevents=4
> Sep 14 13:19:49 2:ret=-1,errno=62,numevents=4
>
> and then nothing further logged (i.e. its still answering queries), so
> it certainly seems like when you get ETIME from port_getn you must
> process any events it returned.

     ETIME           The  time  interval   expired   before   the
                     expected  number  of events have been posted
                     to the port (original  value  in  nget),  or
                     nget  is updated with the number of returned
                     port_event_t structures in list[].

This sentence is rather bent, and I can't get my head around it.

But it does appear to document the behaviour you discovered.

Thanks Alex! I'll wait a bit for the dust to settle and will then merge your
suggested fix.

	Bert