[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor stops getting queries on Solaris 10 sparc

Alex Kiernan alex.kiernan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:47:27 UTC 2007

On 13/09/2007, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:16:12PM +0100, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> > I've run another 8M queries through it in a test environment, and put
> > it onto a live box where its been up for 5 hours, answered over a
> > million queries and I've not seen a problem, so I'm hoping that this
> > is the right fix. Certainly I've not managed to see it running live
> > for anything like this long previously.
>
> Alex,
>
> I've committed a slightly different patch which appears to work on our
> T2000, but can you verify?

I'll give it a go - from a quick look it looks like it differs only in
the handling of ETIME, which given we're only retrieving a single
event, I don't think the case of (ret==-1, errno==ETIME, numevents==1)
can occur, but I'll be honest its not a hole I'd like to leave.
Possibly there's an interesting scaling appoach here - set numevents
to 10, or something similar on the way in, reduce the timer to 50ms or
so and on a busy server you'll see fewer syscalls; but it would break
when you got an ETIME and some number of events.

--
Alex Kiernan