[Pdns-users] CNAME record to an external domain

Marko Kobal marko.kobal at arctur.si
Tue Sep 4 16:47:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

Augie Schwer pravi:
> On 9/4/07, Marko Kobal <marko.kobal at arctur.si> wrote:
>> Like I said in my original post, I have already read this http://www.nabble.com/CNAME-answer-problem--t4246749.html but still
>
> I think you have a different problem.
>
>> dig @dns1.arctur.si www.urad.si
>> returns NXDOMAIN
>> while
>> dig @dns1.arctur.si +norecur www.urad.si
>> resolves domain as it should ...
>
> Actually, I see +norecurse returning root referrals and +recurse
> returning the CNAME, but also SERVFAIL.

I have solved the problem ... the domain has not yet been entered in .si TLD name servers, thats why SERVFAIL ... now it is resolvable without problems ;-)

However, I do have another question. If I want such a domain to be resolvable (like www.urad.si CNAME urad.blogspot.com) I need to open (allow) my recursor for the whole world. Would it not be better to implement an option like allow-inner-resolv=yes/no - so if one would set to allow recursing only for internal network, but would like the to-external domains would also be resolvable, it would set the allow-inner-resolv to "yes". Or does something like this already exits?

--
Kind regards, Marko Kobal.