[Pdns-users] Problems Building PowerDNS

Lee Mehlhorn lee.mehlhorn at directwest.com
Wed Sep 19 22:58:44 UTC 2007

I'm trying to build PowerDNS (2.9.21) from source and I'm having some
problems with it not finding the boost headers.. I've downloaded boost
and put it in /usr/local/boost and setup the BOOST_ROOT using export.
However, configure doesn't seem to find the boost stuff.   What I'm I
missing.  Thanks in advance.

checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
Missing boost - please install Boost packages

DISCLAIMER:  This confidential e-mail message is intended only for the
named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is
strictly prohibited. In such case, destroy this message and notify the
sender.