Re: [Pdns-users] Rép. : RE: fail over for web server

daniel.s dan.s at hostdime.com
Mon Sep 3 16:16:32 UTC 2007

Hello,

This sort of a setup would be very simple to implement by creating an LVS
cluster (http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/). I am currently using LVS with
great success, to balance load between four machines that run the
pdns_recursor. There are projects under LVS which allow you to also setup
failover directors using vrrpv2, which also monitor and dynamically adjust
the cluster nodes based on availability (http://www.keepalived.org/).

I thoroughly recommend you give it a shot. Feel free to drop me a line if
you require any further input on this subject.

Regards,

Daniel