[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor peering

Kelsey Cummings kgc at corp.sonic.net
Wed Oct 17 18:00:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:27:09AM -0400, Patrick Domack wrote:
> I suppose if you didn't care about memory, you could push the incoming
> replies each server receives to the other servers. Then you wouldn't
> have to check each server or have a time issue.

It seems that if you really cared about having a shared cache this would be
the most robust way to handle it.  The pushing of replies could happen over
multicast, each of the servers could just join the group and go from there.
Memory is cheap, at least given how big we've seen our caches get so far.

I remember years ago we used a sideways cache using bind's forward-first
feature with the notion that it would improve performance but I'm not sure
it every did anything other than cause us problems in the end.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way