[Pdns-users] PDNS Resolver memory leak?

Brad Dameron brad.dameron at clearwire.com
Tue Oct 9 23:02:49 UTC 2007

I am using this release: pdns-recursor-3.1.4-1.i386.rpm

The memory usage on the pdns_recursor daemon seems to keep growing
steadily. I currently have it set to cap at 1 million cache entries. My
graphs show me hitting upwards of 1.07 million entries. I am currently
at 287MB from the initial 226MB that it was steady at for the first 2
days.

Is there any known issues with this? I have plenty of RAM but would like
to up the cache limit to 4 million and am worried about it eventually
using up all the system memory. Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Brad Dameron
Senior Systems Engineer
Clearw're