[Pdns-users] Restricting lookups on some zones

Brendan Oakley gentux2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 01:06:05 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am attempting a migration from BIND to PowerDNS, using the bind backend.

What I seem to be unable to do is to restrict which client IP's may do
lookups on certain zones. In BIND this is done with the 'allow-query'
directive. Any query from a subnet listed with this directive will
receive the correct answer. Anyone else will receive a "not found:
5(REFUSED)" response. Not surprisingly, this directive is ignored in
the bind backend's parsing of named.conf. I do not see a similar
option in pdns.conf. Is there something I can do with PowerDNS to
block certain zones from outside access?

Thanks.
Brendan