[Pdns-users] How to get PowerDNS to answer all requests with,the same response...?

G M tehdecline at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 09:12:19 UTC 2007

I ran zone2sql and i got something like the query below.

As you can see  "name" is empty. I'm not sure if this is correct and it
seems to me that It will not be seen as a wild card and simply throwout
an error.

insert into domains (name,type) values ('','NATIVE');

insert into records (domain_id, name,type,content,ttl,prio) select id
,'', 'SOA', 'ns1.mynameservers.com hostmaster.mynameservers.com 1
604800 86400 2419200 604800', 604800, 0 from domains where name='';

insert into records (domain_id, name,type,content,ttl,prio) select id
,'www', 'A', '89.248.170.77', 604800, 0 from domains where name='';

Marcin Krol wrote:

  Hello

   So how exactly would the zone provided below translate into a proper mysql table for the mysql backend?

I don't know (I am new user of powerdns), but there's a program "zone2sql" or smth in powerdns software, try translating bind zones to sql this way and simply look it up. I've seen description how to do that is in manual somewhere.

--
Marcin Krol