[Pdns-users] PowerDNS MySQL API in Perl by a PowerDNS user

Duane duane at e164.org
Fri Nov 16 11:49:48 UTC 2007

Mark Watts wrote:

> No need for a trigger:

I knew I should have been more awake before posting that :)

However that just proves my point, there is plenty of ways to handle all
that stuff in MySQL without needing external APIs.

I went looking for powerdns mysql.sql and this was checked in almost 2
years ago by Bert :)

http://wiki.powerdns.com/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/browser/trunk/pdns/modules/opendbxbackend/tables-mysql.sql?rev=559

Funny thing is that isn't the same thing that is distributed with the
mysql backend in debian packages and nothing in the debian package that
comes with from the powerdns.com site.

Also the other thing I forgot to write down was viewing all records for
a domain, you could do a view, stored proc or just a simple join.

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."