[Pdns-users] wildcard throws signal 11

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat May 12 09:51:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 05:24:31PM -0700, Gary W. Smith wrote:
> I'm running 2.9.21 under rPath.  When a wildcard request is issued I'm
> seeing signal 11.  Any ideas?

Can you be a bit more precise? What kind of request exactly?

>From this (excellent) backtrace, I can see that your SOA record has no
serial defined, and PowerDNS is trying to auto-calculate it, and is crashing
in the progress.

Can you send me your configuration? Did you change the gsql queries?

If you fix your SOA record to contain a serial number, the problem will go
away, but the underlying crash problem is then still there.

Good luck!