[Pdns-users] cache expiry problem with pdns-recursor 3.1.4

Darren Gamble darren.gamble at sjrb.ca
Mon May 7 21:03:40 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I remember troubleshooting this issue with Bert last year, which we
believed was resolved back in 3.1.2, IIRC.  Perhaps not?

rrsets should never become merged; either the cache should keep its old
set or dump it for the new set.  This appears to be causing this
problem.  So yes, it does unfortunately still look like a problem with
the recursor.

Note also that a DNS server can not (is not supposed to, by RFC) return
and/or keep a rrset where any of the TTLs differ.  This is because,
well, it can cause exactly the issue you're seeing.

Darren Gamble
Systems Architect, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW