[Pdns-users] new gmysql-backend GUI (ZoneAdmin)

Rudolph Bott rb at megabit.net
Fri Mar 2 18:41:19 UTC 2007

Augie Schwer schrieb:
> On 3/1/07, Rudolph Bott <rb at megabit.net> wrote:
>> I am currently working on new web based GUI for powerdns/gmysql-backend.
>> I thought it might be a good idea to announce it to the pdns mailinglist
>> as a good start. You can find some information and screenshots (rather
>> old ones, but at least something for now) if you follow the link posted
>> at the end of this mail - I will upload the first beta release soon (and
>> announce it on this list)!
>
> Rudolph, I would be interested in learning more about the target
> audience that this web app. is for; is it built for small shop DNS
> Admins.? or for larger shops like ISPs for customers to manager their
> own DNS?
ZoneAdmin is intended to be used by one or more DNS Admins managing just
their own domains. It does not include support for different customers
and is not intended as an end-user GUI.

The current testbed is a mid-sized ISP with some thousand domains of all
kinds, reverse zones etc. (the main intention of moving from BIND to
powerDNS/mysql was/is the far better management of 1000+ domains e.g.
for mass updates)

I'm looking forward to put a first release on the website tonight!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Rudolph Bott
--
Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH
Karstr.25  41068 Moenchengladbach  Tel:02161/30898-0  Fax:-18