[Pdns-users] global wildcard for authoritative server

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Jul 4 22:27:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 12:44:14PM -0700, Joseph McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like powerdns to serve up a particular A record for all A queries
> across all tlds, which would have otherwise been NXDOMAIN.   Here is
> how I do it with BIND:

Joe,

That setup in BIND will work on powerDNS as well, but it won't do the right
thing (and it won't do in BIND as well).

But if you really want to, just insert the records into the database.

You may need to update to the most recent subversion repository, 2.9.21 has
a problem serving the 'root' zone.

Good luck!