[Pdns-users] release of ZoneAdmin 0.1-stable
rb at megabit.net
Sat Jul 21 10:09:04 UTC 2007
yesterday I finally managed to release ZoneAdmin 0.1-stable. It contains all of the features of the previous beta versions:
- tested with PHP 5, MySQL 5 (InnoDB support!), Smarty, Apache 2.x
- add/remove MASTER-type zones
- recognize SLAVE-type zones (currently ZoneAdmin is not able to add, configure or remove slave zones)
- add/edit/remove records with on-the-fly input validation
- create different templates to 'pre-fill' new zones with records like SOA, NS etc.
- enable/disable zones 'on-the-fly' without having to remove them completely from the database
- allows an easy search through domain names and/or records
- provides basic history on every zone (creation or deletion of records etc. with date, time and user information)
- provides basic statistics (active domains, active records, list of available TLDs, most active domain/user etc.)
- add new record types (and validation regex'es) via central configuration file
- uses authentication information provided by apache webserver (e.g. Basic Authentication with file, MySQL or LDAP backend)
- multilanguage (currently English and German)
- themeable (via Smarty template engine)
- NO need to modify the original pdns config (SQL queries etc.) or the gmysql database scheme!
For additional information, please consult the README, CHANGELOG and TODO files shipped with ZoneAdmin!
If you want to give it a try, please visit
I appreciate any feedback and suggestions for new features and of course bug reports - please use the Tracker system at sf.net
The demo system at http://open.megabit.net/ is not yet updated, but will be switched to ZoneAdmin 0.1-stable in the next couple of days.
Mit freundlichen GrÃÂ¼ÃÂen / with kind regards
Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH
Karstr.25 41068 Moenchengladbach Tel:02161/30898-0 Fax:-18
AG MG HRB 10141, GF: Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Tillig, Michael Benten
More information about the Pdns-users