[Pdns-users] Problem with ldap backend

Julien LEPHAY lephay.julien at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 14 16:53:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I try to override localy an internet domain : test.dyndns.org so it will return LAN address:

Here is my ldap config ( I use strict method ) :

dn: dc=test.dyndns.org,ou=dns,o=ldap
objectClass: dNSDomain
objectClass: domainRelatedObject
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
aRecord: 192.168.0.1
associatedDomain: test.dyndns.org
dc: test.dyndns.org
nSRecord: ns.test.dyndns.org
sOARecord: ns.test.dyndns.org hostmaster at test.dyndns.org 2007071401 1800 3600 604800 84600

dn: dc=ns,dc=test.dyndns.org,ou=dns,o=ldap
objectClass: dNSDomain
objectClass: domainRelatedObject
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
associatedDomain: ns.test.dyndns.org
cNAMERecord: test.dyndns.org
dc: ns

Here is what happened :

#nslookup 192.168.0.1
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

1.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa        name = test.dyndns.org.

That's OK.

# nslookup test.dyndns.org
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   test.dyndns.org
Address: 90.18.163.127

That's Not OK. It recurses and gives me public adresse.

# dig +norecurs test.dyndns.org @127.0.0.1

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> +norecurs test.dyndns.org @127.0.0.1
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 10696
;; flags: qr; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;test.dyndns.org.             IN      A

;; Query time: 20 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Sat Jul 14 20:07:21 2007
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 35

No answer !

For information if I add subdomains like server.test.dyndns.org , the resolution works great. The problem is only with the root of my domain.

I dont get it, is there something wrong with my config, and if there is what is the proper to do what i want to do, having test.dyndns.org resolved 192.168.0.1.

Thx for your answers.

Julien.

PS : I use allow-recursion-override=on, which is even stranger ...