[Pdns-users] timeout from remote TCP client 127.0.0.1

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Mon Jul 9 07:58:47 UTC 2007

As of late — I am not sure when it started, pdns-recursor on Debian
etch (version 3.1.4-1) has started to spit this all over the log
every night at around the same time:

  pdns_recursor[12328]: Timeout from remote TCP client 127.0.0.1

I have no idea where this comes from and it's new, but why is
localhost trying to do DNS/TCP resolution? And how can I find out
what's causing this?

Thanks for any help,

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"the unexamined life is not worth living"
                                                             -- platon