[Pdns-users] Getting started with pdns

Christian Hofstädtler ch at nessus.at
Thu Jan 18 18:15:24 UTC 2007

It is my understanding, that pdns-recursor will never query forwarders,
except for explicitly configured zones (see forward-zones setting).
Instead, it will just query the root nameservers directly; the root
nameserver IP addresses are hard-coded inside the recursor, but you can
override them using the hint-file setting.

- Christian