[Pdns-users] Getting started with pdns

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Jan 18 17:34:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 12:30:53PM -0500, Gerald Britton wrote:
> Oh, I get it, only pdsn_recursor is running!  So I used rec_control to
> dump the cache, which only has the basic entries.  Then I did a bunch
> of host commands (cnn.com, powerdns.com, etc) to try to get some more
> in there, but when I was done, nothing had been added to the cache,
> which now is:

Good. Try sending queries to your pdns_recursor explicitly. Take note which
IP address it is listening on when you start, and send some queries its way,
like this:

dig www.poweredns.com @127.0.0.1
or
host www.powerdns.com 127.0.0.1

By default 'dig' and 'host' etc send their queries to the address configured
in /etc/resolv.conf, which may not point at 127.0.0.1.

	Bert