[Pdns-users] SOA increment

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Mon Jan 15 14:54:13 UTC 2007

Folks,

  I am doing a transition from bind9 to powerdns, and we have other
  secondaries elsewhere.

  I am using the LDAP backend, which has an automatic SOA facility if
  the SOA is set to 0.

  However, my previous SOA is of the format YYYYMMDD##, i.e.
  2007011500, where the 'auto' SOA is 1168872672 - less.

  Do I have no choice but to maintain the SOA by hand now ?

  Perhaps it might be nice to have an auto SOA 'offset', or is that just
  too ugly ?

  Is there some hackery to reduce the SOA on my secondaries without
  bothering an administrator ?

Cheers,    Andy!