[Pdns-users] PowerDNS CentOS x86_64 MySQL 5 binaries

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 10:18:18 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am a long time PowerDNS user recently migrated to CentOS from Gentoo
for our servers. Obviously PowerDNS is not available via yum on CentOS
*aarrrgh.

My server is generally used as a LAMP environment and is running MySQL
5, Apache 2 and PHP 5. These were fetched and installed using yum from
the CentOSplus repository. I seem to have two versions of MySQL client
and libraries installed and its because of various applications that
exists on the server namely Postfix.

If I try and build PowerDNS from source, it fails by spitting the
following message

checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
the mysql library dir in '/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
/usr/local/lib/mysql /opt/mysql/lib/mysql /usr/lib/mysql
/usr/local/mysql/lib /usr/local/lib /opt/mysql/lib /usr/lib'
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

I have tried to point the configure script to the various directories
but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a powerdns rpm for 64 bit
CentOS compiled against the MySQL 5 libraries? Or any pointers for me
to get this running will be extremely useful.

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate if you respond.

[root at charlie pdns-2.9.20]# rpm -qa | grep mysql
mysql-server-5.0.22-1.centos.1
mysql-5.0.22-1.centos.1
mysqlclient10-3.23.58-9.2.c4
php-mysql-5.1.6-1.2.1.centos
mysqlclient14-devel-4.1.14-4.2.c4.1
mysqlclient10-devel-3.23.58-9.2.c4
mysqlclient14-4.1.14-4.2.c4.1
postfix-2.2.10-1.RHEL4.2.mysql_pgsql.c4
mysql-devel-5.0.22-1.centos.1

Kernel information
[root at charlie pdns-2.9.20]# uname -a
Linux charlie.networketernity.com 2.6.9-42.0.3.plus.c4smp #1 SMP Fri
Oct 6 11:42:04 CDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)