[Pdns-users] PowerDNS releases?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Feb 25 15:38:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:10:00AM -0800, Augie Schwer wrote:
> Damn, I always forget to hit "Reply All".
>
> On 2/25/07, Augie Schwer <augie.schwer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 2/21/07, Arjan Schrijver <arjan at anymore.nl> wrote:
> >> This is probably a very stupid question, so flame me if you like.
> >> Is PowerDNS still being developed? The last release has been almost a
> >> year ago.
> >> And more important, is it safe to use in production? A piece of software
> >> that hasn't
> >> been bugfixed this long is bound to have security issues.
> >
> >I would say it depends on what you are doing; have a look at the
> >outstanding bugs and see if there are any show stoppers in there:
> >
> >http://wiki.powerdns.com/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/report/1

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe that list is missing something...

Some time ago[1] I reported wrong behaviour of pdns regarding existing
domains that have no resource records attached.

Powerdns reports such domains as non-existing.  At first the problem
was denied, later it was difficult to fix and considered not important.

If a ticket is made for this bug, please accept my appologies for
not finding it.

If a ticket is not made for this bug, how many more bugs are found
but ignored?

Alex

[1] http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2006-October/thread.html#3815