[Pdns-users] PowerDNS releases?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Feb 21 22:36:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 03:31:31PM -0700, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> That's great to hear. As to using it in production, we use it
> extensively and quite reliably. Our biggest beef with PowerDNS is that
> it takes some option/flag coaxing to compile cleanly on Gentoo and
> Solaris.

The problem for us on Solaris is that we need special casing for solaris 8,
9 and 10, and it hasn't happened yet. We do get very worthwhile patches from
people, but they typically only fix the problem for *their* version.

> BTW, what new features are slated for 2.9.21?

KEY records, multiple masters per zone, and a heap of things already
implemented in the SVN snapshots. TCP/IP performance should also be lots
better.

2.9.21 will, contrary to earlier indications, be based on the same
'MOADNSParser' structure present in the 3.x recursor versions. This will
also enable us to serve all other new DNSSEC-bis record types.

	Bert