[Pdns-users] PowerDNS releases?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Feb 21 16:30:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 04:42:08PM +0100, Arjan Schrijver wrote:
> This is probably a very stupid question, so flame me if you like.

We're not like that.

> Is PowerDNS still being developed? The last release has been almost a
> year ago.

That is not correct - the Resolver has seen heaps of releases over that
time. I'm pleased to announce that EasyDNS (www.easydns.com) is sponsoring
new features that will shortly lead to the release of the authoritative
version 2.9.21 of PowerDNS.

> And more important, is it safe to use in production? A piece of software
> that hasn't been bugfixed this long is bound to have security issues.

We are not aware of relevant security issues. Also, over the last year, many
big DNS hosters have moved to PowerDNS.

So I wouldn't worry, but please test the 2.9.21 snapshots once they become
available!

	Bert