[Pdns-users] Log all requests

Arjan Schrijver arjan at anymore.nl
Thu Feb 8 22:41:37 UTC 2007

Augie Schwer wrote:
> On 2/8/07, Arjan Schrijver <arjan at anymore.nl> wrote:
>> I'd like to log every DNS request that comes in on our PowerDNS server.
>> However, I couldn't find a configuration option for that.
>> I only found such an option in the pdns-recursor, but it doesn't work
>> for PowerDNS itself.
>> Does someone know how I can do this?
>
> You could turn query-logging=yes on in your config. to see all queries:
>
> http://doc.powerdns.com/all-settings.html
>
> or build with --enable-verbose-logging .

I've tried query-logging=yes, but it didn't give the desired result.
It only logs the SQL query used to fetch the record from the database,
but not the querying ip-address as well. If I had that, it would be what
I need.
The recursor can log all DNS requests, doesn't PowerDNS itself have such
an option?

Thanks,
Arjan