[Pdns-users] Frontend for PowerDNS ?!

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Thu Dec 20 13:40:22 UTC 2007

Hi all

> Good luck! From our end, we also hope that a decent open source frontend
> will arrive. It is not that all current projects are bad, but none of them
> are really good either, or at least not anymore.

Many people know me as the maintainer of the opendbx and ldap backends, which
provide access to many database servers and almost all LDAP servers for
PowerDNS. I also have a vital interest that many people are using PowerDNS
and that there is a very good administration interface for the users.

There were many comments and suggestions today regarding what an
administration interface should be able and what already exists. My
suggestion is to first collect a complete list of feature wishes so we all
know what a good web-based interface should support. Therefore, I created a
feature/discussion page in my Wiki and I would like to encourage all
former/current/future users of PowerDNS to add your own thoughts:

http://linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/PowerDNS_Admin_Web_Frontend

Then we can see if a tool is already capable to fulfill most requrirements and
where the problems are. If the gaps between the existing software and the
requirements are too big, I can also imagine to start a new project if there
are more people interested in writing parts of the software.

Best regards,

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key