[Pdns-users] Frontend for PowerDNS ?!

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Dec 20 02:11:07 UTC 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 11:02:45 Augie Schwer wrote:
> > PowerAdmin: not being updated anymore
> > FreshDNS: still beta
> > WebDNS: not goodenough
> > Tupa: also not so promising
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/zoneadmin
>
> I think that anyone who is serious about offering DNS services to
> customers is writing their own interface; which if you already have
> some web developers shouldn't be that hard; hand them a decent spec.
> and point them at the MySQL back-end and call it done.

Yes but the rest of us are left out with no decent frontend.

I'm going to start hacking on PowerAdmin and I'll make my
efforts available from a Git repo within a few weeks. I'm
not suggesting my hack will be in any way usable, just a
start at bringing that codebase up to my needs...

 . PDO with SQLite as the default
 . good CSS and possibly XHTML compliant (or close)
 . AJAX aware using jQuery
 . multihosting off a single codebase
 . above means using a single frontend controller
 . *NO* addon template system or MVC based framework

My alterations may be too radical for most other folks so
I have just imported poweradmin-1.2.7-patched.tar.gz into...

 http://pdnsadmin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

which can be pulled by anyone using...

 svn co http://pdnsadmin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pdnsadmin

and more importantly, if anyone wants update permissions,
and already has or doesn't mind getting getting a Google
ID (including for Gmail etc), then just email me that ID
and I'll add you as a member of the project. All svn
updates go to this Google group which also means an RSS
feed is available for all changes.

 http://groups.google.com.au/group/pdnsadmin

Took me all of 15 minutes to setup.

--markc